cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good mirrorless camera for around $1000?

uruchiwo
Apprentice

$1000 Isn't necessarily a lot for a camera, but I want an upgrade. I'm currently 14 years old, and have been using my moms (former professional photographers) 5d Mark III. However I would like to upgrade to something with a better/faster auto focus and that can shoot more pictures per second for better action photography. Do yall have any ideas on what I should get?

10 REPLIES 10

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

If you are used to the quality of a full-frame body, I would suggest sticking with one.  Perhaps discuss this with your mother and take some council from her experience.   I would not go for an APS-C body if I can afford a FF sensor.  By not cropping the image, they let your wide angle lenses perform as designed, whereas what you capture with an APS-C crop sensor is like using a focal range 1.6x the value of the lens.

If your mother is willing to let you use her EF glass for a while, get the EF-RF adapter and use it, and in the meantime save up for RF glass specific to your needs.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements