cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few 5D III Questions.

HotGates
Apprentice

Hi all, anyway I on my last wedding my 5D III froze up and I needed to shut the camera off and turn back on (also happened a few times out in the field) which is really annoying, also why is it that we payed over 3 grand for this and Canon gives you a stupid rubber clip on a strap to shut your viewfinder? (I know to some that is no big deal but it is when you pay so much money for a camera) so Canon make us an accessory so we can buy, also why no  intervalometer, Timelapse, don't get me wrong I truly love the camera as I have been with canon for 15yrs, but lately I have been thinking about the D800 with all those features, and really I don't think that is to much to ask for thanks

Chris;)

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I am sure Nikon has a nice web site, too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

No need to try and be smart, think about it a little....

cicopo
Elite

Considering how few people will ever use that little rubberviewfinder cover I have no complaints with it thanks to the fact they do supply one, just as they did when I bought my A 1's. I used those several times but very rarely used the ones that came with the digital bodies I've owned. All of the 1 swries bodies I've owned have a built in dor operated by a level, so I guess they aren't considering the 5D3 as an all out pro body. As for the freeze up no comment because to date I think I've only experienced it once or maybe twice over the years but in my case it was while the body was trying to save files to the memory cards. No idea why that didn't go well but pulling the battery cured it in just a few seconds. Like all things electronic there are always issues at times and I really don't think they are brand specific. I remember watching some very high end racing a couple of years ago where the car computers would freeze and the only cure was a full re boot while the others cars blew by them.  

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

JoeDavid
Enthusiast

Yea, I would like the eyepiece shutter on 5DM3.  Canon only does it on the 1D series.  As for timer functions, Canon's TC-80N3 release is the way to go there but, of course, it is an extra purchase.  I will vouch for it though because it does work as advertised.

Currenly using R5 and R7 mostly plus a variety of Canon RF and EF lens...

Thanks guy's, maybe a 3rd party company will make an eye shutter for the 5D III and I am surprised they haven't yet lol, anyway if your in manual mode (I am 99% of the time) it doesn't matter but what I meant is for the money it should be on there, as for the timer remote yes I have it works great but would be better if was in camera, I am curious to see what the 7D II will be like and I hope it has the features as stated in canon rumors, I kind of was thinking of buying the 1Dx but think for wild life the crop sensor would be better because of the added reach;)

I'm okay with the omission of the viewfinder curtain.  It's another peice of moving plastic that can go wrong.

But the built in intervalometer should be doable.  Even if they bury it in a menu, it would be a nice feature.  I have an external intervalometer which has its own benefits.  But point and shoots and phones have intervalometers.  It would be good if Canon includes one in their next firmware update.

In the meantime, I'm happy with my new 7-shot bracket.

Announcements