cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos-m LCD screen won't turn on

Karmafox
Apprentice
The camera works, allows me to take photos, however the lcd won't turn On just stays black. So i have no view of what I'm taking photos off. The touch sensor works as it makes the usual noises and allows me to take photos touching. Any idea why the screen is getting no image at all, not even menu? Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Will any buttons activate the rear LCD screen (for any purpose)?  e.g. can you press either the "Menu" button or the "Info" button and get a display?

On EOS DSLRs the "Info" button cycles through several choices to display on the rear LCD and one of the choices is to just have it off -- but that's because regular DSLRs have a viewfinder.  The button simply keeps looping through the choices.

But on the EOS-M there is no viewfinder and I didn't think there was an option to disable the LCD when the camera is on.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

No buttons seem to kick start the screen, also I'm pretty sure the camera has no option to turn the lcd off. I'm really confused here. Thanks for your help

Again... I've used a lot of cameras but I have not yet seen an EOS-M -- but this sounds susupiciously as if the LCD is not working (I did a quick scan of the manual -- knowing that an LCD can be turned off on an EOS DSLR but could NOT find any reference to turning it off for the EOS-M).

You may need to contact Canon for support.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Karmafox
Apprentice
I left the camera alone two days, just turnt it on.... It worked perfectly for about 20 seconds. Then the screen started to get flashing green lines, which got worse quick and caused the screen to die again. I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with the battery? I've recently been charging the battery up in thailand, malaysia, Singapore and the Netherlands... With just a socket adapter? Would this matter?

Sorry to dig this up, but did you find a solution? This same exact issue happened to my eos-m today. Powers on, can still shoot, touch screen enabled but nothing shows up on the screen. 

Hi uwaatw!

Thank you for the post.

When you press the MENU button or INFO button, does anything appear on the LCD then?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Eliquetric_04
Contributor
This thing happened to me as well. Doe anybody know how to fix it ?

Hi, Eliquetric_04!

Have you tried the steps laid out by Mykolas in the post immediately above yours?  Please follow his recommendations and let us know if you still need help!

hey, I don't have the camera anymore. Although I did fix it before selling it. I simply just purchased a replacement screen, and then took the camera apart and replaced the broken screen with the new. The new screen was fairly cheap. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements