cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel XT How To Turn My Screen On

magdalenaxt
Apprentice

I got a Canon EOS digital rebel XT from my aunt and am trying to learn how to use it. I can't seem to figure out how to turn my screen on. I can take a picture and it will pop up but then disappear. Can anyone help me?

thanks in advance 

11 REPLIES 11

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" the OP Subject was originally ... Nothing mentioned about Live View, ..."

That's why I defined my reply...

"If you are talking LV like the newer cameras have, the XT is just too old to have this feature."

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

To turn on the LCD screen at the rear, in order to look at your images, or to view the menu system.  With the camera turned on, tap the DISP button on the top left of the body repeatedly until you see the information you want (don't hold it down). This feature cycles through a series of displays, each providing different information.

To view photos that you have taken, use the blue arrow key to turn on photo display, At that point the DISP button can be used to provide different informational views of the image.  Again, here is a Link to XT Manual.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements