Apprentice

My Gear and Software:

• Canon EOS R6
  • Macbook Pro 2022
  • Shure MV7 Microphone
  • Camtasia Video-Editing Software
  • Canon EOS Utility

What I'm Doing / My Workflow:

I'm creating videos for work, where it's just me talking into the camera. I currently connect the Shure microphone into the EOS R6 using a microphone cable, and into my Macbook laptop using a USB. I record videos using EOS Utility, then I drag those video files into Camtasia and edit them.  

In general the startup time and learning curve has been better than expected, considering I'm brand new to both mirrorless cameras and Camtasia. One area I'm looking to optimize, however, is the audio quality. The videos I'm capturing on my Canon have a faint whirring/rattling sound on the audio. The mic quality otherwise is very good, just this really quiet white noise far in the background. I have the manual audio settings on my Canon camera set almost as low as they can go, and my mic settings high enough so my voice doesn't go "in the red," but I'm kind of stumped at this point. 

Is there a better setup/workflow I should consider for audio? The Shure MV7 supports XLR cables. Unfortunately Camtasia doesn't support the Canon camera, otherwise I'd record right into Camtasia. I'm not averse to buying more equipment for the mic.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements