cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Mark II limitations from LP-E6NH battery

Bazsl
Rising Star

Is there an official list of R5 II features that will not work if you use the LP-E6NH battery from the original R5? The only thing I have found so far is that you cannot shoot 8k video. Is that the only feature that requires the new battery? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

JFG
Rising Star

Hello Bazsl,

The good news is that the new LP-E6P battery comes in the box with the new R5 Mark II camera body, along with a new LC-E6 charger.  Also, the price of the new LP-E6P battery is the same as the LP-E6NH, $79.99.  LP-E6P Features/Description:  "Maximize the potential of your Canon EOS R5 Mark II with the LP-E6P rechargeable, high-amperage, lithium-ion battery.  Designed to drive the R5 Mark II's 45MP stacked backside-illuminated CMOS sensor as well as the DIGIC X and DIGIC accelerator processor duo, this battery is compatible with Canon LC-E6 and LC-E6E battery chargers".   My question is, if you're going to spend $4,299.00 on a R5 Mark II camera, which as mentioned comes with an LP-E6P in the box, why would you not spend $79.99 for an extra LP-E6P battery?  Why would you want to use an LP-E6NH battery that's not the recommended battery for the R5 Mark II.  Canon developed the LP-E6P for the R5 MK2 for a reason.  I have an R6 MK2 with extra LP-E6NH batteries, however, when I preordered the R5 MK2, I also preordered extra LP-E6P batteries.  When I receive my new R5 MK2, I will have the right extra batteries for it, as recommended.  I for one will follow the manufacturer's instructions when it comes to batteries to use as I want to optimize the performance of the product, especially when there are no price differences or any other benefit to going with a battery that is not meant for the R5 Mark II.  Just my thoughts.

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is no official list I am aware of.  Canon has not released the camera yet.  There is no official documentation.  The manual where you (may have) viewed this information is not official until Canon posts it to the R52's support page. Is what you found accurate?  Maybe, probably.   

The LP-E6NH is 2130mah and 7.2 v

The LP-E6P is claimed 2130mah and 8.4v (unconfirmed).

I've read older cameras (if compatible) will need new firmware to use it. 

Less than a month to go  😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements