cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 7D Mark II required manuals

eaglecoffee
Contributor

Does Canon ever answer these questions?  If not, this site is worthless.

14 REPLIES 14

Tiffany

Hi EagleCoffee!

Welcome to the Canon forum! Please refrain from duplicate posting. The community has replied to you on another post. 

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS-DSLR-Mirrorless-Cameras/EOS-7D-Mark-II-required-manuals/td-p/...

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

This is not Canon Support.  This is a user forum.  Here is a link to the 7D2 Product Support page.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-7d-mark-ii 

Self service.  Most everything you might need it at that link or links to somewhere that has it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I think I got manuals for my T7 and the SX530 HS from the Canon website.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

eaglecoffee
Contributor

Waddizzle, I know about the on-line Product Support Page.  I need the actual physical manual and the actual software to download the GPS information.

Electronic copies are free.  Hard copies cost money.  If you require a hard copy, then I suggest you have a print shop make one for you from the PDF.

As far as actual software to download the GPS information goes, that would be the EOS Utility app.  The GPS coordinates are embedded within the metadata for each image file, commonly known as EXIF data.

Good luck.  Everything you are asking for is at the link I provided, except hard copies.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

MANUALS:
If you look on Amazon, there are 3rd party books that cover the use of the 7DII I found one for you at this link , and there are references to other book from that page.  I hope that will help if you really need a hardcopy.  Often these books offer more comprehensive information than the original manuals.

The software is available from the Canon website.  

Given that you are trying to set up GPS, first the GPS is built into the camera and the settings are in the menu system - Wrench section, 2nd page.

It's a fairly simple procedure so if you download the PDF to your computer and read it as you do the setup, thereafter it will just be a matter of turning it on/off - and you can assign that to a menu item in the Green section: Custom Menus to save time.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you Tronhard.  That is the information I was looking for.  Have a great day.

I am glad that you are sorted.  Considering the amount of effort I put in, and to stop you getting further posts on this can you please mark the post that sorted this as a resolution to your issue?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

As the moderator mentioned, this is not Canon support, it is a site run by experienced volunteers to assist with user questions, but not for ordering parts or accessories.

They provide free PDF copies of camera manuals but will not supply hard copy books for cameras as old as your 7D MkII.

I would contact KEH to see if they have one.

You may also find 3rd party books that cover everything I have one at home and when I get back I can give you the details if that would help.

cheers, TREVOR

click here to view the gallery
Announcements