cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1D Mark IV focus points??

Doormat
Apprentice

Last year I bought a used boxed 1div (124K shutter count) one owners from new. Cosmetically it looks amazing, can not find a blemish anywhere. 

ok, love the ergonomics. But the viewfinder AF points only lights up in single centre spot or if I move the spot around. If I select all AF points, the camera focuses but doesn’t show in the viewfinder - hence I’ve no idea where it’s focusing!! Sometimes I can see where it has, other times my eye is wandering around the viewfinder trying to see what’s in focus.

Is this how the 1div was designed? If so it’s rubbish. Also the centre AF spot is huge, so often misses what I’m trying to focus on. 

My 5diii by comparison has awesome viewfinder information - I see instantly via red AF boxes what the camera is focused on.

Anybody care to comment?

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I suggest that you download a PDF copy of the full User’s Guide.  The AF point display can be disabled   The previous owner may turned it off. 

I suggest that you spend 15 minutes going through every menu item and resetting the menu items that give you the option. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements