cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1D MKIV and SDXC Cards

mgrabow
Contributor

I have a 1D MKIV and it will not read a 64GB SDXC UHS-1 Card.   Is there a limitation on the camera on the size?   I need the high spead because the slower ones are causing me to lose shots when I am rapid firing...It also will not format it...

4 REPLIES 4

cicopo
Elite

I don't think it can recognize SDXC cards. That type of card wasn't available when the camera was designed / built & unless Canon can write firmware to recognize it using the existing electronics in the camera you'll need to buy something else. I've had good write time using Sandisk Extreme Pro cards which meet the SDHC classification. I think the write speed is about 90 mpbs but there is an even newer version that's faster BUT MAY NOT WORK in the 1D4

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Unfortunately canon seems to have dumped the mark 4 in favor of the x and the c.... They even discontinued the wifi adaptor...they need to we write the firmware to bring these up to date...

Firmware would not fix this problem. Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Dun1
Contributor

Here is a link to the Sandisk website, if you plug in your camera model it will give you a list of the Sandisk Memory cards that are compatiable with your camera body

http://pct1.sandisk.com/NewSearch.aspx

Announcements