cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel SL3 will not power on

spadyfamily3
Apprentice

I've done everything with respect to trying to get this camera to turn on.  I've tried removing the lens to make sure that the connectors were working properly, made sure I had a fully charged battery in the camera, bought and replaced the SIM card, ensured that the battery door was closing well in order to make sure it was activating the sensor, and lastly I clean the battery compartment's connector down at the bottom to ensure that there no debris in there.  I'm at a lost as to why all of a sudden the camera will not power up.

11 REPLIES 11

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You probably need to send it in, or:

Untitled.jpg

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

When you say "SIM card" it leaves me wondering if you're using a Micro SD card with an adapter. These can be problematic and may cause erratic behavior. Canon's recommendation is to use only the correct full size SD cards. And consider using a genuine, name brand card (Lexar or SanDisk from a reputable vendor) of maybe no more than 64gb or so.

32GB or smaller SDHC Cards work better with lower end cameras. For some reason larger capacity 64GB or larger SDXC Cards cause problems with these cameras. Even though the manual states that those cards are compatible.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Yes, I’m using a full size SD card not a micro

Remove the lens and SD Card to see if the camera will powerup if you have a spare battery try using it in the camera too.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Hi BurnUnit, i have the same issue, my brand new camara died after a few minuts of use, BUT i was using  an old micro SD card, i try to reset it by taking all accessories out and pressing the shooting  button but didnt work, what do you recommend me to do? its new i haven’t dropped it or damage anything :C

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you charge the battery? Only use a full size SD card, not a micro SD card.

the battery is full charged i already try 2 diferent batteries , i try to turn it on with out any SD card but doesn’t respond to anything 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that it needs to be sent in for warranty or replacement.

Announcements