cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel Camera. Flash will not pop up.

Virginiajohn
Apprentice

2 REPLIES 2

ScottyP
Authority

Hi Virginiajohn,

Which Rebel camera is it?  How long have you had it?

With the camera powered on, will the flash pop up when you press the button on the front next to the flash that makes the flash pop up?  It is a lightening bolt symbol.

You may have turned the flash off. 

Dial:  There is one setting on the dial that is no flash.  Right between the Green Box setting and the CA setting on my Rebel.  Looks like a lightening bolt with a strikeout through it.  Make sure the dial is not on that setting.

Menus:  If it was not that simple, then it could be something in the menus.  Rather than trying to trace it down, just reset all the settings.  Go to MENU (press "MENU" button).  One of the YELLOW menu pages has an operation called "CLEAR SETTINGS".  Try clearing all settings.  That is actually a good way to undo all kinds of mysterious little goof-ups.

Does that do anything? 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

I have the same problem.  I tried the resetting all in the Menu, but that did not help.  Any other thoughts out there?  Thanks.

Announcements