cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS REBEL 4Ti, Screen Scrables

pruthvand
Apprentice

Hello Team,

I have a Canon 4Ti, currently running the current 1.0.4 Firmware. the issue is that the screen has scattered, multi colured, distorted lines while using it in live mode. these lines appear when i power on the camera and could see them on the menu screen too, but eventually die down and settel on a clear screen, when switched to live shoting mode they reappear and i could not shoot. if i proceed to take the picture and the video they come clean. it just the screen would have all these horizontal and virtical lines. i tried the reset, slow formatt the disk and even tried differnt battries.

while browsing through the photos or the vidoes the screen would fliker. please advice

Regards,

Pruthvi.

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Canon service!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

VivaCanon234
Apprentice

This exact issue just happened to me today.  I switched my camera into video mode (live view) and the screen distortion started appearing after a couple of seconds.  At first, the distortion was contained in the video mode.  Now, the disortion issue is appearing everywhere (photo preview - esp. when switching between pictures, sensor cleaning screen, etc.).  I removed my memory card, battery, lens, and the actions do not appear to fix the issue.  

Would love to find out if this is a hardware or software issue.  If software, can we expect a firmware upgrade?

Thanks,

Paul

@VivaCanon234 wrote:

Would love to find out if this is a hardware or software issue.  If software, can we expect a firmware upgrade?

This would have to be a hardware problem.  Something that controls the display screen is failing.  You would need to arrange to have your camera repaired.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements