cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS R - Banding

Lbs26
Contributor

I trully hope the someone from Canon maybe see this post...

I have a EOS R camera with the latest firmware update 1.6 and i still have alot of banding in the long exposure photos.

I have tried:

-LENR-Long exposure noise reduction - does not resolve the issue

-Turn on and off silent shooting - does not resolve the issue

-trying to not underexpose too much,to not clip the shadows,and still after 2-3 stops of push banding is visible.

-trying to write to Canon - they told me that they do not see any banding,which in my photos is visible from 1 km.

I have talk to a few smart people and all this people told me that this problems comes from the Optical Black areas of the sensor.Must be calibrated the Raw files..i am not programmer and i do not know how to to this !

So...PLEASE CANON,do something...i have invested in alot of Canon glass,and i pay pretty good amount of money for this camera,i do not see any support ?!

You have shown already that in version 1.2 you have removed the banding,but not at 100%...plase release some new firmware or release some kind of CR3 to DNG converter that fixes this pretty bad image quality issues,show your support to all people who support you and buy your gear !

12 REPLIES 12

Hey there!

I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread.

The tone had gotten progressively more agresive, which is not helpful to anyone.

The forums are not for direct support from Canon. If you need support, and you're in the USA please contact support via your My Canon Account at canon.us/account.

If you're not in the USA, please reach out to Canon in your country for help with this. Canon USA cannot help you if you're not in the USA. You'll find the link to Canon in your country HERE

Further violations to our Community Guidelines will result in being banned from the Canon Community Forums. Please review the Community Guidelines HERE.

Thanks for choosing Canon! 

Stephen

Hello, Lbs26!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please call our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during normal business hours, or log into your My Canon Account for personalized support options HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

Hi Stephen !I know that the Forums are not intendet for immediate assistance,i have tried to use the support from Canon via email,but no support i have seen.I send them couple of photos that clearly shows banding and they told me that they can't see any banding,and they also sugested to me a web page with instruction how to shoot with my camera,whic is pretty insulting.I am not the only one with this problem,there are alot alot of forums and people who have complained over the past years,i only hope the someone in someway see this and maybe create a solution,dng converter that fixes the optical black area,or new firmware maybe...we deserve it i think ?
Announcements