cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 1000D problem buSY

bokacbl
Contributor

Hello my frends,

I have EOS 1000D and big problem with DSLR.

Cant boot on power on. When I put fully charged battery, close batt. door, RED LED blink fast 1-2 sec and thats all. LCD display is black and stay black. When I press shutter to half or full, I can see tru viewfinder buSY message , ISO change value on light and thats all. When I put LOCKED SD Card, tru viewfinder I can see Err. , when I put  unlocked SD Card ..still buSY. Shutter have no responde

USB to PC = not detected!

20170810_195300.jpg

20170810_195335.jpg

38 REPLIES 38

(Previous) Version 1.0.6 improvements:

Firmware Version 1.0.6 includes the following improvement:

Some cameras may exhibit a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor does not display, the shutter does not release, and the busy indication remains lit in the viewfinder.

Some cameras with firmware Version 1.0.5 or earlier are affected by a phenomenon where the LCD monitor does not display, the shutter does not release, and the busy indication remains lit in the viewfinder. This firmware corrects this phenomenon.

This is by Canon, not by power lost during update....

@bokacbl wrote:

I know, it's all clear to me for a guarantee.
But ...
I am interested in how the factory enters the new firmware on a bricked board.

The mainboard is replaced. At least that is what is written after service.

Thanks for the reply. Did you have this problem and you sent it to service?

@bokacbl wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Did you have this problem and you sent it to service?

No. I updated my 1000D as soon as I found out the issue. Search for 1000D busy mainboard.

That's okay. Sorry, but I'm not interested in the answer that something is defective, or I buy a new one (I'm already, used). I wonder if anyone has an expert to tell me what the problem is, if someone made a firmware dump to see what the problem is. Of course I have $ 50 to buy a used motherboard for my EOS. But that's not the point of the questions. I wonder if anyone knows the method of repair, or at least to say what the problem is (braked ball under SoC, broken fuse, ...). Or just mess up F-ROM firmware chip

The firmware is updated by downloading it to a computer first. You either connect the camera to the computer via the USB cable, OR, by loading it onto a SD card and loading the card into the camera. If your Display Screen is dark, I assume you will want to use the Computer to Camera method. 

See http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/firm-e/eosdigital5/firmware.html for an explanation on the steps.

This isn't a bad camera, but it is a little dated. You might want to start considering something more up to date and keep this as a back up (if you can get it to work). 

Good luck.

@bokacbl wrote:
That's okay. Sorry, but I'm not interested in the answer that something is defective, or I buy a new one (I'm already, used). I wonder if anyone has an expert to tell me what the problem is, if someone made a firmware dump to see what the problem is. Of course I have $ 50 to buy a used motherboard for my EOS. But that's not the point of the questions. I wonder if anyone knows the method of repair, or at least to say what the problem is (braked ball under SoC, broken fuse, ...). Or just mess up F-ROM firmware chip

If I were you, I would ask the guys at CHDK.

Tnx bro. Or if anyone have servise manual for 450D , 1000D .... I will check all fuses on board, and DCDC board. But cant find any service manual.

There is service manual for 1000D But it is not free.

@ Peter,

the fact that many Canon 1000D / KISS F / Rebel XS were disposed due the the infamous "busy error" is widely known.

I understand you want to know the cause of the fault and that you did not find the answer yet.

The cause of the problem is that spontaneously the camera ends in an endless boot loop due to a buggy boot loader coming from in the original firmware 1.0.3. It can also be a minor fault with Error 99 or other unexplainable behaviour.

If the camera is still addressable and receives an upgrade with the common 1.0.6 firmware (or with 1.0.7) it is still not guaranteed that the bug is removed . Though the camera shows the new firmware installed the old boot loader from 1.0.3 is still in place so the better way to overwrite the buggy boot loader is done by a special service firmware 1.0.6.

Normally the user will download the firmware file e6kr5106.fir from Canon andf install it. It has the size of 7.257 KB while it needs a special service firmware EOS1000D_RXS106SC.FIR of 8.175 KB size. The difference is because the service firmware contains the new boot loader.

By using this special firmware I managed to heal couple of cameras that had the Error 99 or where the battery would have to be removed after each shot. After applying this special firmware I installed the latest firmware 1.0.7. and never faced any boot loops.

How would Canon proceed in case a customer sends the bricked camera in which is is in the boot loop (large LCD dead and "busy" in viewfinder?

They use a hardware tool that connects to the hot shoe adapter and the the camera can be controlled to replace the bricked boot loader. This recovery process is very simple and done in minutes.

Surprising to me that up to date (Canon 1000D is there since 2008) the community is in blur about the fact that the boot loop to most known as "busy error" is a manufacturers fault which MUST be corrected by Canon at NO COST until the cameras End of Life in July 2018.

I hope I could bring a bit of clarity to this actually very simple firmware brick.

Announcements