cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70D image issues.

Reeshad_Ahsan
Apprentice

I use the canon 70D with the 18-135 STM lens. And I'm having a problems with my images. Despite shooting in a small apurture my images come out blurry on only the left side of the frame. For example I am shooting a group of people standing side by side at F8. I focus on the subjects face. when I review the images on a large display I find that the subjects on the right side are sharpe in focus and the subjects on the left are blurry. This is really really frustrating. I tried cleaning my lens but it didn.t solve the issue. I have tried other lenses and it still had the same problem. I have yet to clean my senson, but I have never heard anyone facing the same problem before. 

So what should I do now? 

2 REPLIES 2

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Reeshad_Ahsan wrote:

I use the canon 70D with the 18-135 STM lens. And I'm having a problems with my images. Despite shooting in a small apurture my images come out blurry on only the left side of the frame. For example I am shooting a group of people standing side by side at F8. I focus on the subjects face. when I review the images on a large display I find that the subjects on the right side are sharpe in focus and the subjects on the left are blurry. This is really really frustrating. I tried cleaning my lens but it didn.t solve the issue. I have tried other lenses and it still had the same problem. I have yet to clean my senson, but I have never heard anyone facing the same problem before. 

So what should I do now? 

If it happens with multiple lenses it sounds like the sensor might not be properly aligned in the camera. I would send it into Canon and have them check it.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It could just be you.Smiley Frustrated   Maybe you don't have the camera squarely on your subject.  If you are at the longer side of the lens, say 50mm or above, your DOF is small.  And now you have it tilted favoring one side or the other it can cause this.

You said you tried other lenses.  What other lenses?  And did you just snap pictures?

You need to set it on a tripod and make sure it is square to the target and make a test.  The camera can not be tilted in any direction.  Not up, not down, not right or left.  Make sense?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements