cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 60D Video Overlay

jackieayres
Apprentice

This triangle overlay is showing on my videos. Would anyone know if it's the lenses, the camera mirror... Or even if there is a fix for it or not?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 9.03.33 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Does this line appear when you look through the viewfinder?

Does this show up in Live Mode?

Does this line appear in photos?

Does this line appear when you playback videos in the camera?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Oh, now that you asked, it does not. It is fine on viewfinder, fine on live mode, does not show on photos (on camera viewfinder nor on computers), and does not show when I playback on the camera... 

So now I'm guessing it's a SD card issue!? It's a Sandisk Expreme PRO class 10.

@jackieayres wrote:

Oh, now that you asked, it does not. It is fine on viewfinder, fine on live mode, does not show on photos (on camera viewfinder nor on computers), and does not show when I playback on the camera... 

So now I'm guessing it's a SD card issue!? It's a Sandisk Expreme PRO class 10.

It might be a card problem, but I am going to rule that out for now.  If it were a card problem, then you should see the problem in some, if not all, of the photos and videos stored on the card.  Also, the line is at an angle.  Card problems are usually straight perpendicular lines.

I was thinking along the lines of a failing shutter, except it is a little too transparent to be a failing shutter.  What are you using to display the image you posted.  Is that a screenshot of an app on your computer?

Ok, so this was totally my mistake for not opening up the frame in full. On a full frame, there's no triangle over it. Yay.

Sorry, never saw this on my other SD cards (first time using this one for videos, since I lost the others a few weeks back).

Thanks for your help, though. Super appreciated! 🙂

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Here is something else to check.  Lock up the mirror for cleaning, and take a look at it.  Don't touch it.  Just look to see if there is anything on the sensor, crooked, or unusual.

Announcements