cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera failed to save images

maklarip
Apprentice

Hello.

I am just using my two days old EOS M100, however it sometimes failes to save pictures. In the gallery it appears as question mark.  Pictures under question mark are not able to open. I took 50 pcs. picture and 3 pcs. from them have the described problem. When I took the photos I saw them as preview but not in the gallery.20191208_231145.jpg

Thanks for the hints in advance.

Peter

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sounds like a bad memory card.  What is the exact manufacturer and model card you are using?

If you are using a micro-SD card with an adapter, then that is your problem.  You should only use full size SD cards.  Make sure your card is UHS-I, not UHS-II.  Most SDXC cards, 64GB and up, are UHS-II, which is not fully compatible with most Canon cameras.

Also, be sure to format any new memory card in the camera, prior to first use.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for your hints. It is a full size card. How can I make sure that is UHS-I and not UHS-II?

This card is arrived together with the camera.

20191209_100423.jpg

@maklarip wrote:

Thanks for your hints. It is a full size card. How can I make sure that is UHS-I and not UHS-II?

This card is arrived together with the camera.

20191209_100423.jpg

Brand X.  Never heard of that brand.  Buy a new card 32 GB or smaller.  Buy a Lexar or Sandisk card.

Hey Guys,

Did anyone else notice the card's label didn't fit quite right?  Its probably a low quality knockoff included in the "kit"

Also noted, the lock feature is enagaged.  I'm with Wadizzle on this,  new card of known quality and format in the camera.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Oh yeah. Find a new vendor. I hope your camera is legit.

Yes the camera itself is legit 🙂  I am going to buy a quality SD card instead of this.

Thanks everyone for your comments. 

Announcements