cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto ISO problem, 7D

Ilin
Apprentice

Hi, I've been using the 7D for professional video recording and recently encountered a strange problem after replacing the CR1616 battery and upgrading the firmware to 2.05. In video mode, I can't change the ISO setting or the shutter speed on any of the programs. In photo mode it works. The problem is very frustrating as I suddenly have lost any control over the ISO for video recording. I've tried to the various reset settings in the camera menu, as well as a hard reset, leaving out both batteries for 20 hours. If anyone has any other ideas as to what else I could try out, before sending it to repairs, that'd be much appreciated. Many thanks, Ilin

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Ilin wrote:

Hi, I've been using the 7D for professional video recording and recently encountered a strange problem after replacing the CR1616 battery and upgrading the firmware to 2.05. In video mode, I can't change the ISO setting or the shutter speed on any of the programs. In photo mode it works. The problem is very frustrating as I suddenly have lost any control over the ISO for video recording. I've tried to the various reset settings in the camera menu, as well as a hard reset, leaving out both batteries for 20 hours. If anyone has any other ideas as to what else I could try out, before sending it to repairs, that'd be much appreciated. Many thanks, Ilin

Have you tried re-installing the firmware?  Did the version notes identity which issues were corrected?

Do you know what version that you previously had?  The previous version just might be available for downloading, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements