cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AF point back focus moving- EOS 6D Mark II

Ipa
Apprentice

i use back button for focus. But the point moves around, so i have to press another button to make it move to the center. Is there a way that it is just centered all the time ? 

12 REPLIES 12

You can configure the LOCK feature on the top of the camera - OFF/LOCK/ON, to disable a selection of controls, if you set the switch to LOCK position.  You will find the description of this on P926 of the Advanced User Guide

Tronhard_0-1705805300646.png
Make sure you turn off the touch feature and any others that you want disabled.   You can experiment with which ones you prefer to disable, and at any time get full controls back by moving the switch to ON.

After configuring what to disable, exit the menu and press the joystick straight in to centre the focus point and then on the top of the camera, move the OFF/LOCK/ON switch to LOCK position.
Then try it out

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Ipa wrote:

i use back button for focus. But the point moves around, so i have to press another button to make it move to the center. Is there a way that it is just centered all the time ? 

Back Button Focus, or BBF, does not control or select an AF point.  All that BBF does is engage or disengage the AF system.  That’s it.  That’s all it does.  Your active AF points and AF point behaviors are defined by other settings.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Agreed Bill, I rather left that one aside and concentrated on the focus point configuration, touch screen and control locks to sort the OP out.  I use single point fixed AF, which is what she has requested, so I hope this will help her out.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
click here to view the gallery
Announcements