cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D can't change quality to RAW

SantaHoot
Apprentice

I almost hope the camera is faulty, but not really.  I can't get the quality to change to RAW.  The outer wheel should change the RAW settings, but it and the smaller wheel change the JPEG options.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't have 6D yet but should be similar to my 5D. On info screen scroll down to quality with joystick (Central wheel on 6D). Push on the "Set" bottom to highlight (Choose) Quality first, then turn the small wheel near shutter release to get to the type of RAW you need.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

raychen
Contributor
I don't own the camera, but there are many Canon cameras that has the "full auto" mode that does not allow RAW shooting. Try to switch the camera to the P, Tv, A, or M mode and see if that was the problem.

Thank you for your suggestion.  I have it in M and just tried the others, but no change.  I feel like an idiot.  I'll call them tomorrow.  Thank you again!

I don't have 6D yet but should be similar to my 5D. On info screen scroll down to quality with joystick (Central wheel on 6D). Push on the "Set" bottom to highlight (Choose) Quality first, then turn the small wheel near shutter release to get to the type of RAW you need.

Samsen - THANK YOU!!  You are responsible for the good night's sleep I will get tonight (this morning).  I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. 

I can't believe I was shooting in JPG for over 1 week before I noticed in LR. All of a sudden I saw jpg at the end of images I hadn't even worked on. Thanks for your answer. Wow, the images were coming out very colorful and I wasn't used to this. I thought it was the new camera and lenses. 🙂

mbirk
Apprentice

We had the same problem at first, too.  Turns out that the wheel that controls the RAW quality setting is the one on the top of the camera (the "Main Dial"), not the "outer wheel" on the rear of the camera (the "Quick Control Dial").

I tried the wheel by the shutter as well as the main wheel with the setting on manual and could not get to the RAW toggle. Does anyone have additional suggestions for what might be the problem? I have the Wifi setting off, as the Canon manual suggests also. 

Thanks in advance for any help

I disabled HDR and onl then I could turn on raw.

THANKS !!! This was my problem too. After disabling HDR I could set RAW format. Thank you

Announcements