cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D MKii no display after replacing the SD card slot.

chop249
Apprentice

Took the board out of the camera to have a shop solder in a new SD slot. Got it home and reassembled the camera and now I have no swivel display. All connections have been reconnected. Any ideas what I'm missing? Everything else works including the new SD card slot. 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sorry you are having issues with your camera, nothing's worse.  I'm often leary of non- authorized repair facilities.  Not sure how much time or $$$ you are in on the repair, but it might be prudent to cut your losses and start shopping for a new camera.  This is up to you. You indicated you've reconnected everything.  Be sure to account for your time as well as the expense.  It might be more cost effective to purchase a refurb body from Canon.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Conducting do-it-yourself repairs unless you have service tech qualifications is a risky process and I am sorry that you have encountered that lesson the hard way.   You could send the camera in to a service centre to have it repaired, but if the cost is high, then as my colleague Rick suggests, you could alternatively get a body from Canon's refurb line, that are good as new and come with a warranty.
I would suggest considering the Canon EOS R6 (the superior Mirrorless equivalent to your R6II) which are brilliant cameras for a great price and use your current EF lenses via an EF-RF adapter.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements