cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark iv power via AA batteries + voltage converter

Mkiv
Contributor

Hello, I’ll be in Eastern Europe soon(Ukraine, Poland)and due to the power situation there I was wondering if it is possible to power the MKiv with AA batteries? I see that the Canon grip for this camera doesn’t take AA. Previous 5D grips did. Is there an aftermarket one that does? Or any other options? I am already taking two power banks with me for the standard batteries and MacBook Pro. Also, any suggestions for power converters? Ukraine is 220v. I’m looking for something quality to protect my gear. TIA

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

While your MAC and Canon battery chargers are dual voltage, I would still recommend a small converter in addition to the plug adapters.  The adapters usually work, but if they don't this will, and its only $40.  Its really small too.

shadowsports_0-1671725995955.png

I've used this in Russia, France and the Netherlands.  Your Mac and batteries will charge and run normally.  Battery Grip.  I suggest Canon BG-E20.  Vello and Neewer also make grips, but I've read they either work great or don't, thus I can't give them a thumbs up.  Watson batteries get a 👍 from me.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements