cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my Canon R50 be compatible with a Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 when i use a ef mount?

jthomas0827
Apprentice

I’ve been looking into sports photography and have a canon r50. I was wondering if anyone has before used this Tamron lense with the Canon R50 and could tell me if they are both compatabile. I see many people complain about how Tamron lenses don’t work with mirrorless cameras and I don’t wanna drop $800 on a lens if I don’t even know for sure that it will work Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Canon do not in any way warrant or suggest that any third-party lens adapted from the EF mount will work with their R-series bodies.  They cannot do so because they don't control the design of such lenses.  If you want an assurance, you may get some feedback here, but it will also depend on the camera model being used.  For example, crop-sensor bodies, such as your R50 are often more challenged than FF ones.

You should also look at the Tamron site for the lens you are interested in to see if the make a comment on compatibility, as Sigma do.

If you decide to take the risk, please ONLY use a Canon EF-RF adapter, other 3rd-party units have known issues.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements