cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What zoom lens should I get?

MaryGhost
Apprentice

I have a Canon Rebel T5i. I have two lenses: EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens and a EFS 18-55mm. When I take photos, it's very grainy. I want to get a new lens that's very good and sharp. I want one lense where I can zoom I pretty good and I can zoom out and possible take candids of people at conventions. Any suggestions would be appreciated

11 REPLIES 11

Lotus7
Rising Star

ebiggs1,

Wondering if you have ever actually used Topaz DeNoise AI-3? Of course, it's not an editor, but it's also quite different from the process that the Detail Panel in LightRoom uses.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

No, I personally never have used it. No interest. But I have seen the results which I deem are no better than what I can get from ACR. Then you add to that fact you have to have something like PS anyway so my thoughts are just learn how to use PS in the first place. BTW, that is my biggest criticism of DPP4. You need PS to do what DPP4 can't anyway so why not just use PS to begin with.

"it's also quite different from the process that the Detail Panel in LightRoom uses."

Difference in appearance perhaps but not in results. Hey, if Topaz DeNoise floats your boat go for it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements