cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigma teleconverter and lens won't focus on EOS 6D Mark II

beckszumba
Apprentice

Hi I have a canon 6D Mark ii. I just bought a 1.4 sigma teleconverter for my 150 - 600 sigma contemporary lens. I am having a hard time getting it to focus on a subject. Is this normal or is it not compatible with my camera? 

14 REPLIES 14

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

One more thing if you don't know how to do all the settings I suggest consult your camera manual. The fact you said you use, " I’m using Sport mode.", leads me to believe you are pretty new to photography. We were all there once and photography is a learning experience for sure.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

DPP is truly good, but the issue he'll have is what drove me to Photolab.  No 3rd party lens support.  

Some correction is better than no correction (😉), but he'll need Lr, DxO, CaptureOne, etc to get lens optimization for a Siggy or Tamron. 

Now of course I'm 100% canon glass, but I like DxO so much after nearly 6 yrs, I can't go back.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"DPP is truly good, but the issue he'll have is what drove me to Photolab."

Rick my continued insistence recommending DPP4 is one, it is free. Two, DPP4, still whether it knows your lens or not, still knows your Canon camera. This means DPP4 is the only software that knows how to convert Raw files  exactly the way Canon intends. Even my favorite Adobe Photoshop uses an Adobe routine not Canon's.

The problem with DxO is it is money orientated. I suppose they all are but DxO seems more so. This tends to sway their judgement, IMHO, as always of course. I have it it. I never use it.

EB

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Ernie,

Please help me understand what you mean by "The problem with DxO is it is money orientated. I suppose they all are but DxO seems more so".  Curious, what makes you feel they are more revenue oriented than others?  One time fee for each version annually with a loyalty program that gives a nice discount when you buy the next version.

Isn't this identical to Affinity, Topaz, CaptureOne and others?      

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Rick,

"Isn't this identical to Affinity, Topaz, CaptureOne and others?"

I have no idea if it is or not I don't use any of those. I use Photoshop and Lightroom and have ever since there was PS and LR. PS originally came out on a stone tablet you know?

As to DxO software again I have no opinion except the way DxO does its reviews which I feel are biased towards Nikon. Plus they don't, won't, disclose how they are done unless that has changed recently. I have friends that feel the same way and actually they brought it to my attention. That has colored my opinion. And has carried over to the not using their software. I have it. I have looked at it. I don't use it and don't understand why anyone would. However I guess some like it and more power to'em if it floats your boat. It offers nothing special and certainly not even close to PS. Look Photoshop haters can never get over the fact that PS is the industry standard. It is found and used in every top professional photography shop and business in the world. All other software is compared to PS.

I put DPP4 in second place not because it is better than PS but because it is free and is very capable to the level of what it does. DPP4 is the only one that can claim it understands precisely how Canon interprets a Raw file. That's worth a lot right there. It is not Photoshop, however.

EB
click here to view the gallery
Announcements