cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigma 150-600mm lens compatibility with EOS 2000D

mare55
Apprentice

Sigma 150-600mm 5-6.3 Contemporary DG OS HSM Lens for Canon fit my Canon EOS2000D?? Will this lense fit my Canon EOS 2000D?

13 REPLIES 13

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

As long as you get the lens for Canon EF, it will fit.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

So is that to say it wont fit the canon EOS2000D?

mare55,

What Rick is saying is be sure to purchase the lens in the Canon EF mount, if you buy it with the correct mount it will fit your EOS 2000D. The Sigma 150-600mm lens is also manufactured and sold in a Nikon and Sigma mounts which wouldn't work on your body.

150-600.jpg

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

How can I tell if its the right mount??

You can specify that if doing a search for lenses on a site like KEH(dot)COM in US, or MPB in Europe:
Used Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary - Canon EF Fit | MPB
or
eBay: so in the search window: 'sigma 150-600 contemporary canon' this shows the top of bit of the list

Tronhard_0-1720207039740.png

If you are engaging with someone face to face, bring your camera with you (with a card and charged battery) and try it out - you should do that in any case if you have the opportunity.
If you are buying it new, you have the option to select the mount type as part of the ordering process:
DSLR | Lenses | SIGMA Corporation (sigma-global.com)
If in doubt, ask the vendor.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

@Tronhard wrote:

You can specify that if doing a search for lenses on a site like KEH(dot)COM in US, or MPB in Europe:

You don't have to do the spelling out of a URL nonsense for KEH. Everyone understands what's going on. Actual people moderate those things, not bots. The bot would only catch you if you're using weird links or a lot of them. 

Thanks Stephen, good to know - but it's not nonsense, it's a wealth of caution, given your response to another post:  "Please be cautious when sharing links to other sites (even YouTube). We do not allow a link that leads to a page that immediately has anything for sale unless it's from an Auhorized Canon Dealer or Canon USA."  KEH has stuff for sale, so can one say that you allow links to sites selling 3rd party gear like the Sigma in that post?

I am surprised at you using emotive language.  But at least it confirms we are dealing with a carbon-based life form! LOL! 🙂

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I can confirm I'm a real human boy! 😂

I just didn't want you to have to be that cautious. 

Someone from the mod team (all nine of us) physically reads every single post as they come in.

Regarding my comment on the YouTube video post, Your posts (being who you are) would get less scrutiny than the average user. We trust you because of your reputation. I also wanted to be more transparent with our moderation guidelines to make the Community a safer place for everyone! 😊

I am humbled by your trust - thank you! 😯.  I shall be a bit more daring in the future.   

My personal approach is to list general guidelines unless one has to be more specific, but I generally refer folk from North America (who are the majority) to Canon sites, especially the refurb sites, for gear.  Elsewhere looking for used gear is a challenge - I wish more places: Europe and Oceania for example, had this facility - I would certainly use it.

I am glad you are a carbon-based life form and hope that long continues into the future as a lot of monitoring roles are being eroded to AI, something that, having worked in support, I find inevitable, but regrettable. 

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements