cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary compatibility with EOS Rebel T7

shivmishra26
Apprentice

I am wanting to buy the Sigma 150-600mm C for my Cannon Rebel T7 and was wondering if it is compatible. If it is are all the features available and what adapter do I have to buy if any.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
The Sigma 150-600c is a third party lens that is made for different camera brands, so if you want to get one you need to make sure you get one with a Canon EF mount.  With that, you can definitely fit that lens on your T7 without a further adapter.
Because of the crop sensor nature of your camera, while the focal range of the lens is indicated at 150-600, its actual field of coverage will be equivalent to a 240-960mm lens, so brilliant for long shots but you lose some wide angle capability.
I just actually sold my own copy after years of faithful service and it's an excellent performer.  There are quite a few images posted in our gallery pages here, to show you its performance on both APS-C crop bodies (like your Rebel) and full-frame bodies.
Search - Canon Community

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
The Sigma 150-600c is a third party lens that is made for different camera brands, so if you want to get one you need to make sure you get one with a Canon EF mount.  With that, you can definitely fit that lens on your T7 without a further adapter.
Because of the crop sensor nature of your camera, while the focal range of the lens is indicated at 150-600, its actual field of coverage will be equivalent to a 240-960mm lens, so brilliant for long shots but you lose some wide angle capability.
I just actually sold my own copy after years of faithful service and it's an excellent performer.  There are quite a few images posted in our gallery pages here, to show you its performance on both APS-C crop bodies (like your Rebel) and full-frame bodies.
Search - Canon Community

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks so much this clears up everything I needed to know! I shoot aviation and nature photography and I think this would be a nice upgrade thanks for the help!

You're most welcome. I hope it works well for you!

cheers, TREVOR

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Late to the party but I have that lens. It is a good lens and no adapter needed for the T7. As noted, make sure you get the one for the Canon EF mount.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

As previously noted, the lens is available in a variety of lens mounts.  So, you must make sure to purchase one for teh Canon EF mount.

This lens is significatnly larger and heavier than standard kit lenses.  I advise you to always support the weight of the lens with your hands.  NEVER allow the lens to hang from the camera mount without supporting its’ weight.

It is okay for the camera to not be supported while attached to the lens.  In fact, this is the normal way in which the lens would mount on a tripod with a camera attached to it.

99266186-DB41-43C5-8F36-C06E5558CAE5.jpeg

I own one of these lenses.  While it can be handheld, I find that my arms can quickly grow weary.  I use a tripod or a monopod with the lens, especially for long shooting sessions such as an air show.  I mostly use a monopod, though.  A monopod is far easier to setup when you are on the move.

D85F5EA7-0921-4CCC-8B43-702A107AD8C2.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Great lens, you'll love it.

Two photographic opportunities that will be made more difficult to impossible with a monopod and much more with a tripod is an Air Show or birds in flight.

A back/shoulder strap like Black Rapid can take the weight off your arms when you are not shooting. Gives them a little rest however I shoot the Sport version of the big Siggy and I don't have any issues using it hand held.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

BTW, while on this subject if you have not already purchased the Sigma take a look at the Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 for Canon EF. It is a better lens. I had the wonderful opportunity to use one last weekend. I already knew it was a better lens but man that is an understatement is is a far better lens.

My buddy also had the Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens for Canon EF. It is fantastic and gets in the realm of unbelievable IQ for a zoom. I was thoroughly impressed with both.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements