cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement RF 100-500 Tripod Collar Availability

rich0
Apprentice

When I bought my RF 100-500 lens it was missing a tripod collar and the store assured me that they should be able to get one for me within a few weeks so I didn't give it much worry, as I don't usually use a tripod.

However, it has been a few months and they're still struggling to get one from Canon.  I figured I'd post here and see if Canon or anybody else knew anything about the availability of a tripod collar.  The lens should have come with one, so ideally I'd like it free, but more than anything I would like to get one eventually because there are situations where I'd use it.

I don't see anything listed on the website.  Obviously they are selling these lenses so they have to be making them, and they are a separate part, so surely there is a box in a warehouse full of them...

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you were sold an "open box" or used lens, to me.  I would report the vendor to Canon.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The hood, case, and tripod collar should have been in the box when you bought it. Otherwise something is up with it. Was it a used lens or a return?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I knew it was missing when I bought it.  At the time the lens was almost impossible to find, plus I like supporting the local store.  I just didn't expect that it would take months to get one.

Support referred me to the parts dept, and they had to do some digging but apparently it is part YG2-4757-000.  They were able to order one for me.  

I'm just happy to have one in the end.  

@rich0 wrote:

I knew it was missing when I bought it.  At the time the lens was almost impossible to find, plus I like supporting the local store.  I just didn't expect that it would take months to get one.

Support referred me to the parts dept, and they had to do some digging but apparently it is part YG2-4757-000.  They were able to order one for me.  

I'm just happy to have one in the end.  

Sounds like good news for you and your local store.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Just curious but was the case and hood included? I hope the store paid for the collar as it won't be cheap or did you get a discount for it not being there?

In the end all's well that ends well. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements