cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USMC compatibility with EOS 77D

captross06
Apprentice

Will this lens be compatible with an EOS 77D?

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

No RF lens is compatible with a DSLR with an EF mount.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
Sadly, RF lenses are not compatible to DSLRs, of which your EOS 77D is an example, and there are no adapters to be able to combine them.
If you want something of similar reach, either a Sigma or Tamron 150-600 lens would actually render a similar image result. Because the 77D has an APS-C crop sensor, it captures a smaller Field of View (what the sensor actually records) than the Full Frame sensors.  This gives the resultant image an apparent magnification boost, that would be Equivalent to a lens 1.6x longer than the same lens on a FF camera.  Thus a Sigma 150-600c, combined with the smaller Canon APS-C sensor of your 77D would yield an image equivalent to that of  a 240-960mm lens on a FF body.
Such a lens is probably  your best bet.  I  have shot with the Sigma 150-600c quite an lot and it is an excellent optic on both FF and ASP-C crop cameras.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Danfaz
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, Marine Corps lenses do not work with EF mount cameras. 😁

I missed the typo in the heading, so it took me a few moments to get this! 🙂

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements