cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about a refurbished lens

Teacherbytes
Contributor

I recently purchased a used RF 24-105mm f4 L lens and the barrel is a bit wobbly. Is this normal or should I be concerned? I have never had this happen with my other zoom lenses. 

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Teacherbytes wrote:

I recently purchased a used RF 24-105mm f4 L lens and the barrel is a bit wobbly. Is this normal or should I be concerned? I have never had this happen with my other zoom lenses. 

If by wobbly you mean the lens does not move in a straight line, then a wobbly barrel is not normal.  

Your subject line says “refurbished”, your posts says “used.”  There are major differences between used, refurbished, and renewed.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

First, the barrel does appear to move straight, but the photos are in focus. Second, the lens is used from KEH.

The barrel is loose and rattles.

March411
Rising Star

@Teacherbytes wrote:

The barrel is loose and rattles.

Well that is not normal or proper, the barrel should not be loose or rattle. Personally, if there is still time based on their policy I would contact KEH and attempt to exchange the lens.

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

90D ~ 5D Mk IV ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Personal Web Gallery
Announcements