cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens compatibility from EOS 1300D to EOS R7

Ale30
Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

I am currently considering to finally upgrade from my older DSLR APS-C Canon 1300D to a newer Mirrorless MILC APS-C Canon R7.  I have done some research online, but would like to confirm with you guys about the possibility of reusing my lenses.

For example, below are two lenses I was using on the 1300D and I'd like to confirm that it is possible to use them on the R7 :

- Canon EF-S 18-55mm >> Need a mount adapter  EF-EOS M ?

- SIGMA DC 18-300mm >> Need same adapter as above ?

Is there anything else I am missing to consider ?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite

You would need a Canon EF to RF mount adapter.  There are two versions: one with the extra control ring and one without.  If you intend to make use of these EF-S lenses on your R-series camera for a long period of time, do consider the adapter with the control ring.  However, if not, or you wish to save a bit on cost, going with the plain EF to RF adapter is a-ok.

Note that EF or EF-S 3rd-party lenses used with an adapter on an R-series camera are not guaranteed to work.

Do not purchase the "EF EOS M" adapter as that is specifically for the now-discontinued M-series line.   The EOS R7 that you mention is part of Canon's newer R-series line.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite

You would need a Canon EF to RF mount adapter.  There are two versions: one with the extra control ring and one without.  If you intend to make use of these EF-S lenses on your R-series camera for a long period of time, do consider the adapter with the control ring.  However, if not, or you wish to save a bit on cost, going with the plain EF to RF adapter is a-ok.

Note that EF or EF-S 3rd-party lenses used with an adapter on an R-series camera are not guaranteed to work.

Do not purchase the "EF EOS M" adapter as that is specifically for the now-discontinued M-series line.   The EOS R7 that you mention is part of Canon's newer R-series line.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Ale30
Apprentice

Thanks a lot rs-eos, very appreciated !

Announcements