cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ef lenses and T6i

hipericon
Apprentice

Hello,

I own a canon T6i and i've been using it with an EFS 18-55 with no trouble at all. 

Recently I bought a 50mm EF lens f/1.8 STM. And I don't seem able to use it. I connect both red dots, the lens never clicks with the camera and then I can't focus the lens at all.

What am I doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you turning the lens until it locks into place?  It should lock afer about a quarter turn, just like your 18-55mm lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

First of all, thanks in advance for your help.

Ok, so it should click as I imagined.

My problem seems to be that i can't manage it to lock into place. I do turn the lens 

I tried tightening it a lot but I'm also afraid I might break something.

Its really easy with the EFS,

so maybe the lens came broken?

It is possible there could be something amiss with the mount.  One can never rule that out, however unlikely it might seem.  If you purchased it locally from a brick and mortar store [instead of online] try taking it back, and let them take a look at it. 

Maybe you need an exchange.  It shouldn't be all that difficult to attach and detach.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Are you matching the red mark on the EF lens with the red mark on the lens mount? My EF lenses work fine - including the 50.

And remember the camera has two dots; one red and one white, for EF and EF-s lenses, respectively.  

You had previously always been attaching your EF-s lenses to match up WHITE dots on camera and lens.

The EF lenses match RED dots, not using  the white one on the lens. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

And it may not give a loud click. The important question is whether it is locking in and not turning back out unless you press the lens release button. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements