cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV Macro lens recommendations

KierenJ
Apprentice

Hello! 

I hope someone can help, I have a Canon 5D IV and want to get into macro photography. Does anyone have any recommendations on which Marco lens I should get? 

I already have a Sigma 150-600mm lens & a 85mm Lens

Any macro recommendations would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
As always, it really helps us to help you if we have some idea of budget.  We can suggest all sorts of lenses you can't afford, for example.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

KierenJ
Apprentice

Thanks for your response Trevor. It’s great to be accepted to a fantastic community. 

I’m open to all suggestions if I’m honest, I’m very much an amateur digital and film photographer at the age of 23, however with that in mind I’m looking at a budget from around £100 - £500. 

I shall look forward in hearing your suggestions. Thanks Kieren. 

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Thanks for your prompt response!   
Macro, as a term, is used rather flexibly.  Technically, it indicates that the image on the sensor is the same size as the physical object, thus anything projected or printed from that will be larger.  A more colloquial use of Macro is simply a very large and close-up image.   To get the former, one has to be prepared to spend some serious money, but this lens does a great job at a modest budget.  I can't say how much in the UK, as I live in NZ, but it should be quite economical.
One lens that would be within budget that I personally have found good is the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 macro. 

Tronhard_1-1697140374164.png

I have used it on the a cop body and the rather unforgiving EOS 5DsR and it's done an OK job.

EOS 5DsR, 100mm, f/13, 1/2sec, ISO-200EOS 5DsR, 100mm, f/13, 1/2sec, ISO-200   EOS 650D, 100mm, f/14, 1/40sec, ISO-400EOS 650D, 100mm, f/14, 1/40sec, ISO-400

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements