cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Lens 75-300mm AutoFocus Issues

mdbailey07
Apprentice

Hello Guys. I'm hoping somone can give me some insight on the current issue I am having. 🙂 I recently purchased a Canon Rebel T5 EOS 1200D  that came with 2 lenses. I am having issues with my 75-300mm lens. It sometimes tells me that there is a faulty connection between the camera and lens and to clean the  contacts. I have done that numerous times. Now I have a new problem. This lens will not work in Auto Focus. When i try to take a picture in autofocus, it says the camera is busy in the lower left size of the screen and the auto focus just spins and it will never take a picture. Im new to this camera so I was wondering if it was a setting that needed to be changed or what may be the issue. I've tried every option on the camera, and it still won't work. I have no problem with the EFS 18-55mm lens taking pictures in autofocus, or with connection. I have done troubleshooting online and came to a dead end. Thank you in advance for any advice. 🙂

10 REPLIES 10

Yesterday I started fixing my lens and when I took everything apart I found that flex cable that goes to diaphragm is damaded. I ordered new cable for just $6 and will try to fix my lens. Problem looks like in holder of this flex cable and at some condition cable starts touching lens's body and when you zoom in/out it wears away. Please see attached picture.IMG_20190929_134729.jpg

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements