cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 24-70 F2.8 II - Error 01

Fuzzbass666
Contributor

I've had this lens about 10 years now.  It was first repaired for the issue back in 2019 (replaced the aperture module).

I'm getting the same issue again, 4 years later - and cleaning does not resolve the issue this time, so I'm guessing it's probably the same mechanical issue as last time.

Is this particularly prone to this issue? Anyone know why?

15 REPLIES 15

And my favourite wide angle - perfect for my use. 

This lens lacks support with DPAF (Dual Pixel Autofocus), distance encoder for E-TTL II, Also no full time manual focus and an fps limit of 3-4 fps in AI Servo. When this lens was released E-TTL didn't exist it wouldn't appear until 1995. Canon was still using A-TTL and TTL flash metering.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Lot’s of things it doesn’t do - but as I say, it’s perfect for my needs. Light, small, wide enough.

A gem.

Canon can't guarantee FULL compatibility with old lenses that are paired with newer cameras that have Dual Pixel Autofocus. The lens must have the hardware needed for it to work. The lens will still work like it always has. But you won't get the full potential from your camera because of the lens' hardware limitations. So don't expect new features to work with old hardware.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Anonymous
Not applicable

Click on the underlined link in jrhoffman75s message and it will take you to a whole discussion on the problem that you are experiencing.

Gwiginton
Apprentice

What did you do and what did it cost lol I am in the same boat pretty much

Announcements