cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70-200 lens

Mikeb100462
Apprentice

I have a 70-200 IS II lens. Everything was working great until last week when it stopped allowing the camera to shoot. I figured out a pattern it would only shoot when I dialed it to 135mm anything below that it wouldn't allow the camera to shoot. Except when I was inside. As long as I was inside it would shoot fine but as soon I took it outside it would only shoot at 135 again. I have contacted Canon and they said I would have to send it in. I have cleaned all the contacts on the lens and the camera. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the problem. The screws on the lens back off. Once I tightened them down the lens works perfect. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I have cleaned all the contacts on the lens and the camera."

That rarely to never works and it can do unrepairable damage. The best and only solution for you to try is reset the camera to default settings. Menus, tools, clear all settings and clear all custom settings. Hopefully you set something incorrectly.

You might have mentioned which lens and camera you have.  If it is not a Canon brand lens stop using it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I found the problem. The screws on the lens back off. Once I tightened them down the lens works perfect. 

Announcements