cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon mg6820

suzyf555
Apprentice

I am having problems installing generic ink cartridges into my printer. I did replace them all at once. Because I had not used the unit in a few yrs, and I could not get it work at the time. This printer had always worked perfectly prior to this. I have taken the head out and cleaned it and replaced it. I have used these cartridges before without any problems. But the unit has not really been used for the last 3 yrs. Because I didn't have the time or patience to figure out what was wrong with it. Now I need it to work desperately. Please help me with this issue!!!   I have used the stop button repeatedly.  Thank you!!!

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It would be helpful if you could tell us what your actual problem is?

You said "having problems installing generic ink cartridges"..  Is that the problem?  

What happens if you perform a nozzle check pattern?

What are the results of a standard and deep cleaning maintenance task?

You also said "This printer had always worked perfectly" and then "I didn't have the time or patience to figure out what was wrong with it"..  This is contridictory.  Maybe you can clarify?

A printer which has sat unused for months or years often has issues with ink delivery due to ink drying and clogging the printhead.  Performing a standard or deep cleaning maintenance does not always resolve or can result in partial function until more dried ink dislodges and forms a new clog.

Other things to check, printhead alignment, cleaning the (timing strip) encoder.  But those won't help if ink isn't getting to the paper, so start with a nozzle check pattern.   

"Used the stop button repeatedly"?  Again, unclear what problem this is going to solve?

We can try to help, but not until we know what problem you are trying to solve.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements