cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS3122 connected to Chromebook cannot print

Alexwoo
Apprentice

I was able to connect my TS3122 to my Chromebook and printed until 2 days ago.  There was native support to TS3100 with ChromeOS.  I try to refresh the printer set up when it was not printing.  I've removed the printer and try to add it back from the save printer list.  It returns with "TS3100 is not available". 

Do I need to upload a TS3100 driver to my Chromebook?

Where can I find the TS3100 driver?  I've searched Canon Support online but can't find this specific for TS3100.

If adding a driver is not the solution to printer setup on Chromebook, what else should I do?

I appreciate any suggestions!

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is no TS3122 driver for Chrome OS.

Google provides the following resources:

Set up your printer - Chromebook Help (google.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply.  

I did go through the Chromebook help for printer set up.  That native support on ChromeOS for TS3100 is not available when I try to add the TS3100 printer as displayed in the printer setup process.  That's why I was wondering if there is another way (besides ChromeOS native support) to have Chromebook recognize the TS3100 printer as connected.

Actually, when I click through the printer setup process further I see the following configuration window.  Nothing happens after filling out the Manufacturer (Canon) and the Model (TS3100).  I don't know if I should and what to input for the printer PPD? 

Advanced printer configuration

Canon TS3100 series could not be configured automatically. Please specify advanced printer details. Learn more
Manufacturer

Model

Or specify your printer PPD Learn more

Browse

Greetings,

Did you look below and follow the steps for manual or advanced set up?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes, I went to Advance Set Up.  I filled out the two windows for "Manufacturer" and "Model" with nothing happens.  There is also a window asking to "specify your printer PPD".  I thought PPD is PostScript Printer Description and I don't know have any info to do this.

Any further suggestions?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements