cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Printer

svs059
Apprentice

I purchased an MX920 all-in-one about two months ago. Works fine except that it takes for ever for it to print a page once I have clicked on "print" in Word or Exce. By forever I mean 20-30 seconds. My old MX800 series didn't take that long. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use, as well as how you have the printer connected (USB or wireless).

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm using Windows 8.0 with a USB connection.

Ramona
Authority

Hi svs059,

We recommend the following to try and improve the print speed:

1.  Ensure that the USB cable used with the printer is less than 10 feet in length.

2.  Ensure that the print quality selected in the printer driver is set to either FAST or STANDARD.  The higher the print quality selected, the longer the print job will take.

3.  Ensure that the paper type selected in the printer driver is set to plain paper (unless printing on a photo paper or other type of paper).

4.  If you have another USB cable you can use with the printer, please try using that to see if this will improve the speed. 

5.  Ensure you have the USB cable connected directly to a USB port on your computer, and not connected via a USB hub or other device.

6.  Ensure you have the USB cable connected to a USB port on the back of your computer instead of the front USB ports (if you have them), as the front ports sometimes do not supply as much power as the rear ones.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements