cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend me an inkjet printer that won't make me jump out a window

brojack420
Apprentice

Hey folks. Been a Linux user for several years now, Debian Ubuntu. I have a mono laser printer, an old Dell 1700n, which does its job extremely well. The last inkjet printer I had was a Canon i560 which seriously didn't - not only is Canon Linux support abysmal Turbo Print does work but is paid-for third-party after replacing the half-full cartridges AND the print head twice, thing thing then threw an error code that I couldn't fix. Sold that at a massive loss on eBay because I just wanted rid of the thing. Never again. I have some old family photos I want to print. I'd prefer inkjet, not laser, for a better finish. I'm looking for high quality, borderless A4 printing, something that works either out of the box on Ubuntu or with minimal hacking I'm a sysadmin so I don't mind if it's a permanent fix, but if I have to switch to the CLI every time I want to print, it's going out the window. USB direct connection or wired ethernet preferred no need for WiFi, if it has it, it'll get disabled. Would rather it was a dedicated printer, not an AIO I have dedicated scanners, if such a thing still exists, but not a deal-breaker. I'm looking at Epson EcoTank printers which seem to do what I want and have support, not to mention less problems with the cartridge cartels. Does anyone have good/bad experiences to share? As a system admin, I know printers are a scourge even before you add Linux to the mix. Please help so I don't wind up going Office Space on the thing.

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Hi, brojack420!  Our Printer Buying Guide can help you find the right printer for your needs and if you have additional questions, chat with our sales team weekdays and Saturdays or give them a call at 1-800-385-2155.  Hope this helps!

Announcements