cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Offline

ocostudios
Apprentice

Hey guys I have a pixma ix6820 that I would use daily with no issues.

All of a sudden I updated my laptop "MacBook Pro version 12.3" 

& can no longer can get my printer to connect via usb. It simply says offline.

Ive re downloaded the drivers and still receive the same results:/

Ive been at it for about 2 weeks now.

I really need your guys help.

I appreciate it. 🙏

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Have a Mac. Start by ensuring the version of your operating system is supported under the driver you are using.  If yes, search Google for reset printing system MAC.  This operation is performed on the Apple menu system preferences, printers and scanners.  Note, it will remove all installed printers.  Next open finder, navigate to applications and uninstall all Canon drivers. Once done you will need to restart.  Now run the installer, following the steps and connecting the printer when prompted.  

Let us know how it goes.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will try it right away. You have no idea how much I appreciate it my friend.

Bless your heart.🙏

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This CUPs driver appears to support Monterey

iX6800 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0 (Mac)

This is just an example, but you should be able to select the correct driver on the printer's properties:

Not from Ventura, But looks similarNot from Ventura, But looks similar

After this, does the printer show Ready with Green dot or Red with Offline?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Something in your network configuration still isn't correct.  This is why the computer cannot communicate with the printer.

Verify your router has in fact assigned IP 192.168.114.2 to the Printer

What is the IP of your Computer?

Are you using any additional network equipment such as an extender or Mesh system in conjunction with your ISP's hardware?  I'm asking this because the LAN segment 192.168.114.x is arbitrary.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

Announcements