cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print with no ink on color cartridge (Canon PIXMA MG3500)

imminentfate
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Canon PIXMA MG3500 series printer. I understand that there are two models but I am unable to locate the model number (it is not anywhere on the printer), but I hope you can help me regardless.

I have a color cartridge and black & white cartridge. Both are out of ink. I urgently need to print something, but my local store only has the black & white cartridge and it's just not possible for me to obtain the color cartridge in time. If i were to buy a new black & white cartridge, and keep the old out-of-ink color cartridge, would it still be possible for me to print purely with the black & white cartridge? How should I do so? 

I'm trying to figure out if this is possible before I purchase the black & white cartridge as it is a little pricey and I am a student.

Thank you very much!

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If an ink cartridge is giving an "empty" warning or is not installed, you will not be able to print until a new cartridge is installed in that particular slot.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements