cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX892 Printer printing ink

teenerkinz
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue with the same exact printer. I use the canon ink for my printer. I changed the large black ink a few days ago because it was low and now my printer won't print ink on the paper when I print.. I've physicially cleaned where the ink cartridges go, I've printed the nozzle check with nothing on the paper. Also did a cleaning, a deep cleaning, a print head alignment that  failed, cleaned the roller (front and back), and the bottom plate cleaning.  The wifi signal from my laptop to the printer works. The only thing I have not tried was changing all the ink. I don't know what to do now.  Nothing seems to be working.  Please help!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi teenerkinz,

Please try removing and reseating the ink tanks and print head in the printer by following the steps shown here to see if this will help.  Also, please ensure that all tape has been removed from the bottom of the ink tanks, ensuring that the area of the tank where the ink is dispensed from is not blocked.  Should the issue continue, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've done all that as well. I've manually  cleaned what the ink tanks sit in as well. I've tried everything. Thanks for your help.

Hi teenerkinz,

First, please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink.  The correct order is:

CLI-226BK
CLI-226M
CLI-226C
PGI-225BK
CLI-226Y

Next, please print the nozzle check pattern to determine whether the ink is ejecting properly from the print head. To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that the machine is turned on

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette.

3.  Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

4.  To print the nozzle check pattern, please press the Menu button and then:

4-1.  Press the Setup button.

4-2.  Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance screen is displayed.

4-3.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button.  The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

4-4.  Select Yes and then press the OK button.

The nozzle check pattern is printed and the pattern confirmation screens are displayed alternately. 

If it does not print correctly, perform a few cleanings again.  Please perform the following steps to perform a Deep Cleaning: 

1.  Press the Menu button.

2.  Press the Setup button.

3.  Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

4.  Select Deep Cleaning and press OK.

5.  Press OK to select Yes.

The Deep cleaning will be performed.  After 2 or 3 cleanings, print another test page.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements