cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Ix6820 suddenly stopped recognizing the ink carts

aflamingo
Contributor

Been using the same ink carts for a short while, no issues. Then suddenly, the printer won't recogzine them.  They are proably half full.

Deinstalled and reinstalled the printer driver, and get the same message, however all lamps on the carts are lit.

This is really frustrating. can anyone help?

these are nice printers, but I'm ready to toss them out the window.

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm using Window 7, on a wired lan

It tells me that the carts are not recognized, but the lights on the carts inside the printer are on, so the printer is reognizing then.

Hello,

We can only guarantee proper detection of new, genuine Canon brand ink tanks.  If you are using refilled/remanufactured or third party ink tanks, detection issues may occur.  If the errors persists, please install new, genuine Canon brand PGI-250 and CLI-251 series ink tanks in the printer to ensure that no errors occur.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

aflamingo
Contributor

PIXMA Ix6820 this morning won't recognize the ink carts that i've been using for a month.

I've reinstalled the printer driver, didn't help.

I'm at my wits end

Hello!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature,click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

Announcements