cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS5320 New Ink Printing too Dark and Muddy

xAmaiiJelli
Apprentice

The Problem

Before you ask, yes I did a nozzle check and even a deep clean and the results were fine other than the muddiness of the quality. I simply went to change my ink since my computer was pestering me that the supply was low for a while. The colors were doing fine, there were just a few lines skipping so I changed the ink. After changing the ink, my prints have become dark and muddy. None of my system settings changed and I kept virtually everything the same. Only thing different was the new ink. Turned my printer on and off again too.

Before Changing Ink...

Before

After Changing Ink...

AFTER.png

Everything is virtually the same except for the red outlines in the first photo which I printed on accident before changing my ink (I was lucky enough to have an example before changing the ink). Otherwise I tried printing other things and ended up with the same dark muddy result. I even printed it from my phone to see if it was a computer issue but it printed in the same color quality.

My settings...

Printer: PIXMA TS5320 (Under a year old)

System: MAC macOS Big Sur 11.1

Driver Version: 2.0

Printing From: Adobe Illustrator

Software: IJ Network Device Setup Utility Ver.1.5.0 (Mac)

Illustrator Print Settings: 

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 1.53.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 1.54.06 AM.png

*note: I've also printed at "best" quality and it's still the same result. These are simply the settings I used when printing before and after changing the ink. I didn't want to provide a change in too many variables.

Did I just get faulty ink? Please help!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi xAmaiiJelli,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements