cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3122 Error Warning Lamp Above Inkjet Lights Displays

mpbdailey
Apprentice

Error message keeps displaying with orange triangle above ink cartridge lights steady.  Lights for inkjets color and black are not on.  I've changed both color and black inkjets today and installed correctly as far as I know.  Using CL 244 and 243 ink which I've always used.  I'm trying to print from cable connection to my Mac Air but I keep getting Error 5 - 9 message in printer window and orange light is on steady by triangle. These error codes seem to relate to ink cartridges. I've cleaned cartridge heads.  I've rebooted the printer and disconnected the computer cable and unplugged the printer before rebooting.  I've tried printing from two separate Mac Air computers to no avail the same error message displays in the printer window.  Any suggestions, please.  

Frustrated!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mpbdailey,

The E 5 9 error that is displayed on your printer is an indication that the paper size selected on the printer does not match the paper size selected on your computer.

To view a list of error codes, please use this link:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TS3100%20series/EN/NTR/ntr_t_07_01_c.html

Please turn your PIXMA TS3122 off.  Wait 30 seconds and turn it back on.

What size paper are you attempting to print with?  If you are using letter (8.5" x 11") sized paper, please repeatedly press the Paper button on your PIXMA TS3122 until LTR appears on the lower portion of the printer's display, as seen below.  I've circled the Paper button in the image below.  Keep repeatedly press that button until LTR appears as in the image below.  Once set, please attempt to print.

TS3120 LTR on display.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements