cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3120 Printer not connecting to mac computer

Carterv
Apprentice

I have a 2013 Macbook Pro running macOS Mojave version 10.14.6. Last year I used this printer with this same computer and had it working wirelessly with my wifi in my apartment. Since then, I have moved to a new house and when I tried to set the printer up again using my USB cable, the printer will not connect to my computer. I know this USB cord works because I have only used it one other time when I set the printer up in my last apartment. My computer simply does not recognize that the printer is plugged into it. I have tried deleting and re-adding the printer and I am unable to re-add it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver software and that did not work either. What can I do to get this working? I'd rather not pay $20 for customer support for a printer that is six years old.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Carterv,

There are a few ways to connect your PIXMA MG3120 to your wireless network.

Please look at your router.  Does it have a WPS button?  If so, please use this article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART138066

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements