cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My printer IP 6700D won't turn on. There is power in the line.

asanti
Apprentice

This is an IP 6700D printer that has been working perfect up until 2 days ago when all of sudden, while printing a job, turned off and would not turn on again. I made sure the plug was all the way in on the printer and then checked the power on the battery back-up.  Everything else is functioning perfectly.  I even tried a different outlet, but no go.

Any suggestions?

asanti

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi asanti,

Since plugging the printer into a different power outlet and verifying that the connections on the printer are secure did not resolve the issue, please try the following to see if the printer will power back on:

1.  Ensure that the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet instead of going through a surge protector that is plugged into a wall outlet, as sometimes ports on a surge protector may no longer work.

2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the outlet and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in to try and reset the printer.

3. If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please see if using that power cord will allow the printer to power on.

If the printer still does not turn on after these steps, it will require servicing; please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tried unplugging for few minutes and re-plugging to outlet directly.  The printer did turn on for about 1 second then turned off again.  Repeated procedure and got same result: turned on for a second, then died again.  Any other thoughts?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements