cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7550 no scanner connection after MacOS Sierra update

roland22
Apprentice

I updated to MacOS Sierra a few days ago. Printing with my MG7550 works fine, but scanning doesn´t work anymore. Error message is Code:15,157,0. I tried reinstalling software, plugged out any power cables, but the problem still persists. If I use the scan button on the display of the 7550 there is a connection to my MBP, but the error code pops up at the display of the MBP. I need to do a scan urgently but I have no idea what to do now. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

s_rosenthaler
Apprentice

Download IJ Scan Utility Lite Ver.2.3.3 (Mac) from

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/crafting-printers/pixma-m...

The Lite version uses AirPrint to scan, worked for me.

Seems to be a known problem with macOS Sierra. The description of IF Scan Utility 2.3.3 (full version) contains the following:

(Optional)This is an application that allows you to easily scan photos, documents, etc. Simple one-click scanning saves your time. (When using the printer connected to the OS via network in the macOS 10.12 environment) An error message "Cannot communicate with scanner" may be displayed. If this message appears, use IJ Scan Utility Lite.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

s_rosenthaler
Apprentice

Download IJ Scan Utility Lite Ver.2.3.3 (Mac) from

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/crafting-printers/pixma-m...

The Lite version uses AirPrint to scan, worked for me.

Seems to be a known problem with macOS Sierra. The description of IF Scan Utility 2.3.3 (full version) contains the following:

(Optional)This is an application that allows you to easily scan photos, documents, etc. Simple one-click scanning saves your time. (When using the printer connected to the OS via network in the macOS 10.12 environment) An error message "Cannot communicate with scanner" may be displayed. If this message appears, use IJ Scan Utility Lite.

Thanks

I installed IJ Scan Utility Ver.2.3.3 (Mac) and now scanning works again

Announcements