cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2220 Installation Help

reh888
Apprentice

This should be easy. I bought a simple printer, not even wireless. Plug and play. But during the installation on Step 3 it loses connection with the printer. I've unplugged and replugged. I've cancelled, rebooted, and started over. Quite a few times now. Step 3 says it's connected and to just wait, and I look back a few minutes later and no more connection. Could use some ideas here. 

7 REPLIES 7

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hi reh888!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you have installed on your computer. That way, our Canon Forum members and our Subject Matter Experts will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your PIXMA MG2220 and computer.

Thanks!

I have Windows 7.

Well screw it. I have a deadline, it's going back to Walmart. 

Hi reh888!

We apologize for the confusion! The Canon Forums aren't intended for immediate support. If you require urgent assistance and still have the printer, we recommend contacting our friendly Technical Support Team by email or phone by CLICKING HERE

Like reh888, I have the same issue. It get's to step 3, then loses connection to the printer yet the printer is still on. I have Windows 8 64bit. I have uninstalled, reinstalled with no luck. Then finally I think I have a breakthrough and according to my device manager, the driver is installed. However, the scanner option is not working. It's like there is no scanner. So I reboot my computer and then the driver for the printer is not there again. I go through the whole install again to no avail. Any suggestions as to why this happens? I even tried to install after using clean boot with win 8. I'm frustrated and thinking I'm taking it back to the store tomorrow.

Hi Kallie22!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know since the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

This has got to be the most unhelpful thread I've ever seen. For the record, the Epson I bought after returning the uncooperative Canon works perfectly, and that's the most helpful piece of info here.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements